#header h1 { font-family: bebas, duke, futura, bebas neue, verdana; } -->

09/06/2011

ME N MY CHICK



She's a babe, but the question I often get asked is, "is it real?!". Here's where things get sticky. How do I delicately answer the question with, "it's real, but dead and stuffed". Most people seem to struggle with taxidermy, probably because its all a bit decadent and cruel- (I prefer to ignore the moral contradiction I am in as a vegetarian), and deemed old fashioned. Most people also think it's something to do with the study of taxi cabs, which would be bizzare. I think it's beautiful anyway, and created with such care and attention to detail.


Places to buy/ see some good taxidermy:

- The Last Tuesday Society, Mare St, London

- Get Stuffed, Essex Rd, London

- and of course, the Natural History Museum


No comments:

Post a Comment